Tuesday, May 5, 2009

We met 8 years ago today!!

Cinco de Mayo mind as well be our anniversary. We met on this glorious day 8 years ago! And let me tell you, its one funny story. Or maybe its just funny to us, but here it goes:

We met at a club, and it was completely by chance. I really don't like clubs, and I'm not a fan of going to any unless I'm really really really really in the mood. Even then, I still don't like them. But I went anyway. And I wore something I would now come to regret. I wore these cheetah pants with a black tank. I wore the pants because someone else was wearing them too, and we decided to match (typical stupid girl move). I also let this girl twist up my long locks and have it spiky at the top. It looked funky that's for sure, but we didn't care because we kept saying "Its Cinco de Mayo, so who cares? Its not like where gonna met anyone!!" riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiighttttttttt. Well, then I met Troy. And let me tell you, our first impressions weren't very good . He thought I was a gangster girl with all my attire on and with a name like mine, I told him my name was 'Drea'. Everyone who knows me calls me that!! Geez. I thought he was cute, I had this feeling I'd know him forever, BUT after I asked for his name twice (and not because I forgot, but because it was too loud where we were) when he wrote his name in the air with his finger, I thought "WHO IN THE WORLD DOES THAT!?!?!" And you know what, I still left that night not knowing his name, but he left with my number. So the ball was in his court.

What do ya know.... 3 days later...... he called. We chatted for a while, and I told him I was off to work. So he decided to drop in (at Pearle Vision, whoot!). Apparently I made a better impression this time, and so did he. I wore my usual gray slacks with a button up white shirt, and had my hair down and curled. (I can't believe I still remember this).. But Troy later said that the 'school-girl look' was much better on me, and he read my name tag that said "Andrea" not this supposed gangster name of Drea. He looked hot, even though I can't remember what he wore. Then he decided to take me out on a date, and that's how it all started those long and happy 8 years ago.... whoot whoot!

5 comments:

Zach and Sara said...

That is such a funny story. And then do you remember we went on our Candian cruise right after 9-11that same year and we talked about Troy and Mike the WHOLE time. I'm pretty sure we both left for that cruise fighting with our boyfriends. We decided to leave early to come home by flight instead of drive the million hours with the family! You even paid for my flight and I had to pay you back! Ha ha, looks like it was a good move for both of us. You're now married to Troy and luckily Mike and I only worked it out for a minute but I met Zach a couple months later! Yay! That was good times!

Shannon Wallace said...

I know you've told me the story before about the cheetah pants (which BTW you have to show me that pic!!! I insist!!!) and meeting Troy that noght. However, you failed to mention him writing his name in the air!!! LOL That is sooooooooo funny!!! Who does do that????? Ahh...what a nice love story!

Scarlett said...

How come I didn't know that story? We were working together at Pearle! I 'm so offended! LOL! That really is hilarious!

Jessica said...

Such an awesome story!! Congrats to you both and many many more to come!

Brian and Emily said...

I remember that. Though having a hard time believing that it was eight years ago. But then I was pregnant with Mindy and she is now 6 and headed into first grade. Oh my gosh how time flys.