Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Extending....

Its official, today Troy signed the papers to be in the Air Force another 10 months. Then next year he will re-enlist again for another 4-6 years. But, this means he has to go to Iraq, again!! This will be his third time in three and a half years. As unhappy as it makes me to see him off to Iraq again, this was a really hard decision for him to make. Getting out right now just didn't suit us, especially because his job on the 'outside' doesn't pay very well right now (thanks Exxon for ruining our economy). We'd both have to work full time to make the same amount he does now... and that meant less one on one time with Brayden, and no house, no finishing school, and no whatever.... couldn't really see us getting that far.... so I guess he made the right choice (hopefully).

3 comments:

Doug & Angie Gray said...

That sucks :(

Anonymous said...

Hey Drea! Mine is like yours! Crazy! Great minds think alike, right? Anyway, I am so sad you aren't moving out here! But you have to do what is best for the fam. I hope you can visit soon! I need to see that baby, or should I say toddler, of yours!

Scarlett said...

Hey! I just tagged you, so when you get a sec look at my latest post!